Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Very little to report. I tried for some of the dungeness that I know came from the bay. One of my "buddies" even told me where to go. I soaked four pots for 4 hours in two holes, one of them supposedly the hole, and caught one dungeness crab that was so sad looking it thanked me for putting it in the boiling water. It tasted fine, but I was expecting more. Several more. In fairness to my informants, I did soak my gear during the highest current period of the day. Others have done substantially better, and a resident here caught three dungeness off the pier in 12 hours of gear soaking. There are a few surfperch being taken as well, although again, not by me. It is a good thing that there are plenty of real fishermen around here because if I had to rely on my catches alone to report on, I would have very little typing to do.

1 comment:

halibutslayer said...

May be it's time to let your 2 "boat mates" show you how its done? Thanks for the reoprts Will. Hopefully it will pick up in the shallower waters with the onset of spring? Hope to see you all soon. Mike G-Lodi