Saturday, February 2, 2008

Being that winter is still upon us the fishing report is a bit short. Crabbing is still OK for reds and lousy for dungeness. The surfperch are biting on the incoming tide. The salmon forecast is grim for this season. Of those 3 things the salmon forecast has me the most excited. The salmon forecast I heard the last two years was that there would be many salmon caught. The reality was not that many salmon being caught here. Now they say it'll be a bad year. If the opposite rule still applies then we will be in fat city, salmonwise, as long as they give us a season that is open when the salmon happen to be here. I realize that the chances of Fish and Game and the fish doing the right thing by us fisherman is close to the chances of being struck by lightning while buying the winning lotto ticket, but hey, I'm a fisherman. if I'm not optomistic, I don't fish.

No comments: